Attracting new business is the life blood for any business, in particular for real estate agents to ensure your agency stays profitable.
Sometimes this might be hard to accomplish and ideas on how to jump start your business can be tough to come by.
Luckily enough we have spoken to a number of the top selling agents from last financial year here in South Australia, and they have each given us their top three tips for attracting new business, while also telling us how they spend their working week.
What are your top three tips for attracting new business?
1) Make sure that all of your friends and family are aware of how you are doing in real estate. Not in an arrogant or ‘in your face’ way; but just a soft reminder now and again, that you are willing to help anyone who is thinking of making a buying or selling transaction in the future.
2) Your buyers will eventually become sellers or may know someone who is looking to sell. By servicing these buyers better than any other agent, you are more likely to be top of mind when a decision is being made when choosing an agent to sell their property.
3) Build a network of referrers from different industries around you, which you can then flick business back to the referrer. Most agents will have a finance broker but having referrers around you such as painters, handymen, carpet, floor salespeople and others in similar industries, will ensure that you will be able to refer business back to these people. In return, you will continue to get clients referred to you.
What does your usual working week look like?
- Vendor management calls each morning to discuss situations.
- Monday: Buyer callbacks from the weekend’s opens first thing in the morning, and the afternoon is time for negotiating and getting deals done.
- Tuesday: Team meetings in the morning, in the afternoon new properties are uploaded, and around 2-3 appraisals during the afternoon and evening.
- Wednesday: Second round callbacks for buyers from the weekend’s opens and calls to my hot list to check on progress. Appraisals are booked in the afternoon.
- Thursday: Just listed/sold calls to the streets on which I have properties and also any property in my core area. In the afternoon and the evening I have 2-3 appraisals booked.
- Friday: Open invites for new release properties to the street, and also lunch with a key referrer to strengthen the relationship.
- Saturday: Open for inspections.
- Sunday: Family day.