Attracting new business is the life blood for any business, in particular for real estate agents to ensure your agency stays profitable.
Sometimes this might be hard to accomplish and ideas on how to jump start your business can be tough to come by.
Luckily enough we have spoken to a number of the top selling agents from around Australia and they have each given us their top three tips for attracting new business while also telling us how they spend their working week.
Tom Hector – Harris Real Estate
Top 3 Tips for attracting new business:
- Service your customers – assist with providing a list of suppliers and tradesmen for work that needs to be done at their property, provide valuable statistical information, provide good finance brokers; offer your assistance.
- World class settlement process with vendor and purchaser – communicate regularly after contract has been signed, arrange pre settlement inspection and follow up to see if there are any issues after settlement – service the customer and they will remember and think of you when they are ready to sell their next house
- Be the easiest agent to deal with – online and press dominance, price guide of properties, provide all information about the property; rates, floor plan, open times etc, sold prices disclosed immediately that the property is unconditional, provide value when calling customers
How I spend my working week:
- Exercise a minimum of 4 times a week
- In the office by 7.45am
- Team meeting 8am sharp
- Prospecting 9am to 11am
- Appraisals and buyer appointments from 1pm to 6pm
- A minimum of 8 hours of sleep
- Dinner by 7pm
- 1 day recovery (day off Sunday) – Super Saturdays – auctions and open for inspections
- Super Saturdays – auctions and open for inspections
We’re profiling some of the top agents and asking them how they attract new business in the market, and how they structure their working week…
To make sure you never miss an interview, click here to get every update emailed to you