If you’ve been vaping for a long time you know what the issues of using a worn-out coil are. One of the main issues is that the flavor of the juice is overpowered by the burnt coil and this makes the vaping process an unpleasant one. Over a year you will run through quite a number of coils so stock up.
What are Vaping Coils?
Well, Vape Coils are an essential part of the vaping process. It ensures a smooth tasting experience. The coil is placed inside the cartridge and is typically made out of a wire and a wick. The wire is a resistance metal type and the wick is made out of cotton or synthetic foam. This cotton absorbs the juice while the coil heats it up.
The coil and the atomizer are similar and is often used interchangeably. So, when you are looking to replace your coil, some might call it an atomizer don’t be surprised.
When should I Change My Coil?
The main culprit of a coil that wears out quickly is chain vaping. Chain vaping is the act of taking multiple hits quickly. Ideally there should be a 30 second gap between your hits to ensure that your coil and wick last long.
Even with all these precautions, you will have to change your coil quite frequently. It largely depends on how frequently you smoke. Vape usage and coil degradation are directly related. When the usage frequency increases the coil gets worn out faster.
Here are a few signs on how to identify a burnt vape.
- Burning Taste: This is often the main indicator of a burnt coil. You will not get the same taste of vape juice.
- Gurgling Sounds: If you hear gurgling sounds from you vape this is a bad sign.
- Low Smoke: A new coil and wick will give you the best vaping experience with loads of clouds. When the coil gets old the amount of smoke being produced reduces.
How to Change Your Coil?
This is quite a simple process and you can easily change your coil at home.
- Disassemble Your Vape: Firstly you need to remove the cartridge.
- Empty You Vape Liquid: Make sure to discard your vape liquid safely and empty the tank before you proceed.
- Soak the New Wick with Your Vape Liquid: A dry wick is your coils worst enemy.
- Replace the Coils: You could screw on your device. Unscrew the coil and replace it with the new one.
- Refill the Tank and Enjoy: Once you are accustomed to this process it only takes a couple of minutes to change your coil and it takes even less to identify a worn-out coil.
Just make sure you have stocked up on coil and cotton so that you can easily change it and continue to vape.